Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Busy Weekend before Halloween
















It's hard to believe that it's Sunday night, it seems as if we had a weeks worth of stuff in the past two days.  I'm exhausted. Saturday started off like all Saturdays now - soccer.  And bbrrr, it was a bit chilly.

I love this photo of Kaylee and Rachel.  Rachel is Brad's little sister (1.5) and Kaylee so wants to have that same relationship that Brad and Braydon do.  This shows all is well in that direction.
Saturday after soccer, we decorated the rest of outside.  While we all know that this isn't "my" season, I embrace it as much as possible.  This weekend I embraced it for sure.  Chris picked up a graveyard for the front, and a few more lights.  Nothing really matches, but it's all cute.  Saturday afternoon the kids made a Haunted Gingerbread House.  They did most the work, I just helped with the icing a bit.  While waiting the main house to glue together, we took Takaya out for a walk.  Beautiful day outside, truly a nice October so far.  Of course, rain is expected for Halloween.  We took all the seeds out of one of our sunflowers from the summer so we can plant more next summer.

The kids have been on "fire" all weekend.  Bugging each other, full of beans, driving Chris and I a bit nutty.  I'm doing a cleanse this week (requires it's own post later) but the rest of the family ordered pizza for dinner.  






















When the kids went to bed, I was tired - but managed a bit of scrap time.  The sleep itself was so sought after, I should have known it wouldn't have been a good one.  Kaylee woke several times and Braydon did too.  My best sleep 
happened from 7:30 to 8:30am.  We headed out for a family walk this morning, I vacuumed, then went grocery shopping.  

After lunch, we scooped out the pumpkins.  Kaylee (Princess Disaster, which also requires her own post) fell off the chair and knocked her head pretty good.  So she snuggled in with Dad and Braydon and I finished scoring a large bowl of seeds.  Can't wait to roast them, it's one of my favorite things about this time of year!  After nap, and a load of laundry (and putting away four loads that lived in baskets this week) we went outside to play.  KJ was pretty cuddly, but Braydon played hockey for an  hour.

When we came back in, it was time to carve the pumpkins.  We each had one, and the kids had already picked out what they wanted.  Chris drew out a wolf howling and I wanted to do the one like I saw on Ali Edwards site.  You need to know something about carving pumpkins in our house - it always involves power tools.  And let me tell you, that is the ONLY way to do holes in a pumpkin.



















The children are still driving me crazy.  Too much weekend I guess.  They are in the bath right now taking off some of the dirt collected this weekend.  Seriously, I need a day off to get over my weekend.   And the one thing I needed to do this weekend - hem the costumes, well it didn't get done.  Thank goodness for week nights!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

After reading about your weekend, I'm tired and need a nap too! The house and pumpkins are awesome!

Lisa and DJ said...

The pumpkins are so dang cool! Are you trying to make a better haunted house than us? Whatev..Hope Kaylee is okay!