Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new Year, a new Word

Well here we are at the start of another year. Yes, the blogging started so well in 2010 and then didn't end the same way. But this year is different. This year is about documenting. Documenting me, my life, the family and friends around me. The good, the bad, the ugly and sad. Taking out the camera more (I know, really you would think that couldn't be done...) but taking different photos. Sure the kids will continue to be my stars, but to take more character photos. Take more photos of the world around me. Take more photos of me. And of Chris. And my parents and brother and in laws.

Document my world. My work. My changes. With words too (that is where this fits back in). To write. To capture the moments, my feelings, my wants.

As you may know, each year Ali Edwards encourages people to pick a "word" that represents you and encourages you to work towards that goal. I have been thinking of my word all month, and changed it almost daily. So I came to think that maybe ONE word isn't enough this year. Maybe I need to change it up.

So to start the year, I am choosing movement. Movement for my body. Movement for my mind (I have really enjoyed 'learning' a new job this last few month). Movement for my weight to go down. Movement of house. Maybe that is a move itself, maybe it's a removal of clutter. Time will tell.

To embrace this word right away, I have moved two loads of laundry and one pile of garbage. My daughter and I are going to move our bodies and go for a small hike on this beautiful day outside.

And I will move my butt into this spot more often too!