Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A date with my son

Date day for Braydon and I. With me off this week, I decided I wanted to spend one special date time with each kid. Doing something fun, and something that just the two of us would do. So today, Braydon and I went to the petting Zoo and Children's Train in Stanley Park and had a picnic afterwards.

What a great time we had. First we hit the train - which winds you through the great forests of Stanley Park. If you keep your eyes out you see some little villages, a moose, a mouse, and cool other things tucked away.















Then to the petting zoo - where we saw goats, cows, sheep, pigs, lamas, bunnies, chickens, rooster, a cute kitten that wanted to play with the roosters, and a few other animals. We decided that we should get a donkey, but neither of us think Dad will say yes.

This pig is the type that my Mom wants to get. I will send her the photo - it's as close as she will come to really having one.

We then decided to sit under a tree for some shade and enjoy lunch. Braydon got some climbing time in the park, and obliged me with a few photo ops before asking if he could hop in that sprinkler.



And what is the best thing after a sprinkler??? An ice cream.



3 comments:

Lisa and DJ said...

What a fun day!!

Suzanne said...

What a fun mom! And how did you get that goat to pose so perfectly?!

JennC said...

It looks like the goat knew just what to do. That is so special to have a date with just you and your son.