Monday, February 11, 2008

My addiction......


So this scrapbooking thing - well it's becoming worse.  I love to scrap.  I stay up late when I should be sleeping so I can scrap.  It's such a perfect combination for me - I get to take lots of photos and then instantly frame them.  I can journal the moment, or simply add embellishments that I think would help capture the moment.
I scrap a couple of times a week, but I would do it more if I could.  I belong to a site called Kindred Creations - where I get a ton of inspiration and have met many amazing people who I know consider friends.
I love paper crafts and don't want to know what I spend on it.  If I had the cash, I would easily drop more!!
But it's a good thing.  There are lots of photos of me as a child, but not dated and not organized (a task I will take on myself one day).  My kids will have albums upon albums of their childhood memories.  I will keep them until they understand the importance of them.  And whenever possible, I include them and their creativity when I scrap.
Like tonight, I was organizing the photos for a lay out about making our Valentine's cookies.  Then I remembered a lay out that a very talented scrapper did (Tracey) and I thought I would do some painting with the kids with her inspiration.  The kids each painted a heart (Braydon was having so much fun, he did two!!), and I will use them on the final project.
So it's an addiction of sorts - but I love the chance to be creative and remember all these great moments over and over again.

2 comments:

Lisa and DJ said...

I'm very, very glad that you found this addiction!

Suzanne said...

There are worse addictions. So glad you share mine! ;)