Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Go Fish


Some of my fondest memories of my Grandmother is playing hours and hour and hours of Go Fish.  I would sit on her lap, and we would play.  Go Fish eventually lead to Crazy 8's and a few other card games.  But Go Fish is a treasured memory for me.
Last year, I decided it was time to teach Braydon the game.  Well, he didn't really know his numbers, but we figured it out.  I would ask him for fives, show him what it looked like and he would let me know if he had it or not.  Then he started to learn his numbers and the game got easier for us to play.
Well that kid is GOOD at Go Fish.  His elephant like memory sure helps in this game.  If you asked for a 3 five minute ago - he remembers you have a 3 and gets so excited when he takes it from you.  There is no "letting him win" - he wins fair and square most times.
Santa  brought him some Spider Man cards, and we play a few times a week.  He plays with his Dad, and sometimes Kaylee is my partner in our fugal attempts to win.  But best of all, he plays Go Fish with his Grandma.  I love that game.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What a fun tradition to carry on!