Thursday, March 20, 2008

5 Years ago...

Five years ago, my son Braydon was born - March 21, 2003.  Weighing in at 8.6, and 11 days over due, the decision for a c-section was finally made so I could meet my son.

Being a Mother was something I knew I always wanted.  Always.  It took a long time for  him to come along, and this moment could not have been better.

Every day since my life has been  better.  The only moment to meet this was the birth of Braydon's sister two years later.

Braydon is an amazing child. All boy, full of energy. A lot like his father - strong, independent, very smart, athletic, stubborn, beautiful, and kind hearted.  A lot like his mother - compassionate, creative, logical, sensitive, stubborn, vocal and thoughtful.

These five years have gone by so quickly.  I look at him know and wonder what I missed as he has grown.  What more is there to come?  I asked him today what he was most excited about being five - knowing full well that his answer would be kindergarten.  When he didn't want to eat the crust on his sandwich tonight I told him that five year olds had to.  So he did.  :)

I love him with all my heart and soul.  The love you have for your child cannot be put into words easily....but he knows it, and that's what really matters.

Happy Birthday Braydon.

2 comments:

Lisa and DJ said...

Congrats to you and happy birthday to Braydon! 11 days overdue though...!!!

Suzanne said...

That's one of the best pictures I've ever seen...I just love it! Happy Birthday Braydon, you're lucky to have such a great mom, who loves you so much!