Monday, February 7, 2011

Takaya


Today has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. And while we don't have a final answer, I am feeling a bit more at ease than I did this morning.


After almost of 24 hours of her not being able to keep anything down, the sound of her snoring right now is incredibly peaceful. She spent the day in the hosipital, on IV and drugs, and while the diagnosis isn't totally sure, it at least doesn't seem to be the end.


I know at the old age of ten, her years around are less than more. But I'm not ready to see her go - not yet. Aside from this bout, she's in pretty good shape for an old girl. She's been with me through everything. She was our first family member, and came to us right after we bought our first place. The kids adore her, she is Chris' daily pal for his walk. It would be lonely without her.


So while she needs to go back for a little more care tomorrow, I am optamistic that she is on the mend and hopeful that this is just a blip in her world.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm glad she's doing better. I know how much she is a part of your family!