Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stop and be thankful


Stop and smell the roses is an old saying, but sadly I was reminded again what an important one it is.


A friend and co-workers husband was killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday. He leaves behind two boys, a two month old and a four year old. My heart is heavy for Michelle and her sons, and it reminds me that my life is so blessed.


So today, if you do anything - stop. Stop and look around you and remember that that petty stuff is not worth hanging on to. Stop and look at the people around you and appreciate all they are worth. Stop and smell the roses as they say.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm stopping to appreciate having you in my life!!! ((HUGS)) internet girl friend!

Lisa and DJ said...

Oh gosh, that is so sad. Life is truly a gift that we shouldn't take for granted!