Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Braydon!


How fast can seven years go by? Pretty fast!

We spent the weekend celebrating Braydon's 7th birthday. It started by inviting 14 six and seven year olds over for the first celebrating.
Then when the kids arrived, we headed down to the school and played a few rounds of the great Canadian game. I have to say, I was really impressed with how good the kids were, and it was all fairly fun and painfree.


Later in the evening, we headed to my parents for a Chinese Dinner. Mom's arm is still in a sling, so ordering in was the perfect night out for all. Braydon got spoiled some more - and was ready for the next day when his REAL birthday happened.


A slow morning start was a nice change since we were all tired from the day before. Braydon is so different from me in the sense that he can wait, even when he knows that there are presents waiting for him in the other room. He ate his breakfast and even waited for his sister to finish hers.

Apparently he loved the gift KJ gave him (indoor hockey set so they could play downstairs). He wanted it, and she asked me to get it for her. Good score all around I say.


Mid morning, Uncle Richard came over and brought Braydon some more goodies (more hockey and some soccer stuff) Should keep the kid busy for awhile.

This afternoon we headed over to the kids great grandparents house for more celebrating. Grandy, Nana, Papa, Uncle Jake and Aunty Barb all helped the Braydon turn 7 with more gifts and lots more love.




And through it all, while the weekend was about Braydon - Kaylee was more than happy to be by his side and have a party too.


So little man - happy happy birthday. It's been an amazing seven years, but the best of my life. You make me laugh, you make me think, you make me want to make things better for you. I love you with all my heart, and still think you are pretty darn sweet. Even when I try to get a nice photo of us..........with or without bunny ears.


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

It's good to be a kid in a house so full of love! Happy Birthday Braydon!

Lisa and DJ said...

Oh my gosh. That big toothless grin just makes me so happy!

JennC said...

That last photo is precious!! What a great way to spend a weekend! Happy Birthday Braydon!