Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dear Fish, I am sorry

Dear Fish;

I am sorry.   I am sorry that over the years many of you have come and gone in my tank of death.

I tried, really I did.  Two guppies have recently joined the rest of you in fishy heaven, but that is it.

I am determined to make this work. I love all animals, and while chances are I will never love fish as much as I love my cat and dog, I still care for you.

It seems as though I may have found a way to stop the unnecessary deaths.  Apparently, even-though I asked many "fish experts" - I was missing a key element.  While you don't REQUIRE an air pump, well fish need it.  I think I was honestly sucking the life out of you by not providing enough air.

This is all still to be proven.  But I did the $10 investment, and already there seems to be a better vibe in the tank.  Could it be this simple?

The lady at the fish store said chances are, I had nothing to do with the guppy deaths.  They could both have been sick when I bought them, especially since they died so quickly when others are surviving.

So, live on my lucky seven.  I do hope that going forward this will be known as the Tank of Life.

And Lisa, I'm not a fish killer.  Really, they die on their own accord.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I can't believe they would tell you that an air pump isn't needed! You should email Michael. When you come I'll tell you about me and fish and why Michael became the expert. :)

Lisa and DJ said...

You keep telling yourself that, dear Kirsten. For now, I still say... fish killer!

Suzanne said...

I'll also tell you when you come why Lisa can sometimes be a brat! lol