Monday, August 15, 2011

All in the numbers



30 + 5



I read on a blog about picking 5 mini goals and working towards them. That seems to be right on track the way I am thinking these days, pick something attainable and go for it. Be happy with results, because any result is movement forward.



So here are five mini goals. I will give myself two weeks to accomplish them. Someone remind me to check in.


1) No more fast food junk. I'm not saying no treats, but if I need to "drive thru" to get it, I'm not allowed. Now this goes with my 30 for 30 challenge that I am in the middle of (day 14 to be exact). So if the bottom half of my 30 days includes no junk - even better.



2) Clean kitchen countertops daily. Now, let's think of this...........will it be realistic? Ok, 5 of 7 days, the kitchen counter must be cleaned up and free of debris before I go to bed. This way in the mornings, I'm not starting my day surrounded with clutter.



3) Laundry goes into drawers. Sersiously, this is one bad habit of mine that drives me nuts. Laundry gets washed. Laundry gets folded. But not a lot of it goes away before it gets worn and then hits the cycle of needing to be washed again.



4) Purge the kids rooms. After seeing success at the garage sale with my parents, it proves more and more that my kids have way too much crap. So before the new school year starts, their rooms are going to get reduced in clutter.



5) Add 15 on four days. So this 30 for 30 challenge is great. But for the next two weeks, four days of each week will be 45 mins. I need more of a push and I don't want to get into bad habits. This is such a good one, I really want it to stay.



In case you are wondering what the 30 for 30 is........there is a group of us that have pledged to do 30 mins of exercise for 30 days straight. It can be walking, hiking, swimming, yoga, in fact, you can even include cleaning if you are doing it and breaking a sweat! The thought is that at day 24 you have done it enough to form a habit. And by day 30, you've pushed past the ugly wanting to quit and your body is now "craving" the movement, thus making you want to continue.



Tonight, some of the group is meeting to do the Hoskins loop together. We have a few bears in the area, so safety in numbers. Plus, it's always more fun with friends.






No comments: